|Helen Hunt Jackson|
Poet, Novelist (15-Oct-1830 12-Aug-1885)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Evelyn I. Banning. Helen Hunt Jackson. New York: Vanguard. 1973. 248pp.
Joseph T. Gordon. Helen Hunt Jackson's Colorado. Colorado Springs, CO: Hulbert Center for Southwestern Studies, The Colorado College. 1989. 83pp.
Valerie Sherer Mathes (editor). The Indian Reform Letters of Helen Hunt Jackson, 1879-1885. Norman, OK: University of Oklahoma Press. 1998. 372pp.
Valerie Sherer Mathes. Helen Hunt Jackson and Her Indian Reform Legacy. Austin, TX: University of Texas Press. 1990. 235pp.
Antoinette May. Helen Hunt Jackson: A Lonely Voice of Conscience. Chronicle Books. 1987. 146pp.
Ruth Odell. Helen Hunt Jackson. New York: D. Appleton-Century Co.. 1939. 326pp.
Kate Phillips. Helen Hunt Jackson: A Literary Life. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press. 2003. 370pp.
Siobhan Senier. Voices of American Indian Assimilation and Resistance: Helen Hunt Jackson, Sarah Winnemucca, and Victoria Howard. University of Oklahoma Press. 2001. 256pp.
Rosemary Whitaker. Helen Hunt Jackson. Boise, ID: Boise State University. 1987. 50pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.596)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.537)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.125)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.373)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (p.408)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.515)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.365)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.240)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.482)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.564)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.276)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.427)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.8)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications