Novelist (19-Mar-1933 22-May-2018)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Ross Posnock. Philip Roth's Rude Truth: The Art of Immaturity. Princeton University Press. 2006. 301pp.
Bernard F. Rodgers. Philip Roth. Twayne. 1978. 192pp.
Philip Roth. The Facts: A Novelist's Autobiography. New York: Farrar, Straus and Giroux. 1988. 195pp.
Derek Parker Royal (editor). Philip Roth: New Perspectives on an American Author. Greenwood Publishing Group. 2005. 303pp.
Elaine B. Safer. Mocking the Age: The Later Novels of Philip Roth. SUNY Press. 2006. 219pp.
Debra Shostak. Philip Roth: Countertexts, Counterlives. University of South Carolina Press. 2004. 332pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- New York Times Obituary [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.658)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.611)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.172)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1267)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.898)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.206)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.1077-80)
- Current Biography, 1970 Yearbook (pp.363-65)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.654)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.436)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.1233-36)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.891)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.203)
- The International Who's Who 2001 (p.1324)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.631)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.431)
- Britannica Almanac 2006 (p.103)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.13)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications