|S. J. Perelman|
Author, Screenwriter (1-Feb-1904 17-Oct-1979)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Prudence Crowther (editor). Don't Tread on Me: The Selected Letters of S. J. Perelman. Viking Press. 1987. 372pp.
Douglas Fowler. S. J. Perelman. Twayne. 1983. 172pp.
Steven H. Gale. S. J. Perelman: A Critical Study. Greenwood Press. 1987. 232pp.
Steven H. Gale. S. J. Perelman: An Annotated Bibliography. Garland. 1985. 162pp.
Dorothy Herrmann. S. J. Perelman: A Life. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons. 1986. 337pp.
Eric Lister. Don't Mention the Marx Brothers: Reminiscences of S. J. Perelman. Book Guild. 1985. 111pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.554)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1144)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.814)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.187)
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.1105)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.1092)
- Current Biography, 1971 Yearbook (pp.319-22)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.582)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.791)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.567)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.391)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.12)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications