Philosopher (c. 427 BC c. 347 BC)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Diskin Clay. Platonic Questions: Dialogues with the Silent Philosopher. Penn State Press. 2000. 309pp.
Charles L. Griswold. Self-Knowledge in Plato's Phaedrus. Penn State Press. 1996. 321pp.
Laurence Lampert. How Philosophy Became Socratic: A Study of Plato's Protagoras, Charmides, and Republic. University of Chicago Press. 2010. 448pp.
Graeme Nicholson. Plato's Phaedrus: The Philosophy of Love. Purdue University Press. 1999. 231pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1170)
- Greek and Latin Authors 800BC-1000AD (pp.334-39)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.810)
- The Catholic Encyclopedia (vol.12, pp.159-62)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.776)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.12)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.399)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.537)
- Who's Who in the Greek World (pp.193-95)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.386)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.412)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.106)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications