Scholar (1515 30-Dec-1568)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Jerome S. Dees. Sir Thomas Elyot and Roger Ascham: A Reference Guide. Boston, MA: G. K. Hall. 1981. 186pp.
Lawrence V. Ryan. Roger Ascham. Stanford University Press. 1963. 352pp.
Alvin Vos (editor). Translated by Maurice Hatch. Letters of Roger Ascham. Pieterlen, Switzerland: Peter Lang. 1989.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.69)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.25)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.14)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.56)
- British Authors Before 1800 (p.13)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.21)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.25)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2021 Soylent Communications