Architect (8-Aug-1763 15-Apr-1844)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Ellen Susan Bulfinch (editor). Life and Letters of Charles Bulfinch. Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin. 1896. Edited by Bulfinch's granddaughter.
L. D. Geller. The Architecture of Elegance: The Tradition of Charles Bulfinch and The Plymouth Federal Savings Bank. Plymouth, MA: The Pilgrim Society. 1976. 65pp. + 38 plates
Harold Kirker; James Kirker. Bulfinch's Boston, 1787-1817. New York: Oxford University Press. 1964. 305pp.
Harold Kirker. The Architecture of Charles Bulfinch. Harvard University Press. 1969. 398pp.
Charles A. Place. Charles Bulfinch: Architect and Citizen. Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin. 1925. 294pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.149)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.151)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.108)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.100)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.122)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (pp.104-07)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.36)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.61)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications