Painter, Sculptor (2-Apr-1891 1-Apr-1976)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
William A. Camfield (editor). Max Ernst: Dada and the Dawn of Surrealism. Neues. 1993. 373pp. Exhibition catalogue.
Pere Gimferrer. Max Ernst. Rizzoli. 1983. 127pp.
David Hopkins. Marcel Duchamp and Max Ernst: The Bride Shared. Oxford University Press. 1998. 211pp.
Elizabeth M. Legge. Max Ernst: The Psychoanalytic Sources. UMI Research Press. 1989. 231pp.
John Russell. Max Ernst: Life and Work. Harry N. Abrams. 1967. 359pp.
Uwe M. Schneede. Translated by R. W. Last. Max Ernst. Praeger. 1972. 216pp.
Werner Spies. Max Ernst: Collages: The Invention of the Surrealist Universe. Thames and Hudson. 1991. 540pp.
Werner Spies. Max Ernst, Loplop: The Artist's Other Self. Thames and Hudson. 1983. 187pp. Translation.
M. E. Warlick. Max Ernst and Alchemy: A Magician in Search of Myth. University of Texas Press. 2001. 309pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.215)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.208)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.485)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.396)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.328)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.157)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.223)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.170)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.72)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications