Architect, Artist (18-May-1883 5-Jul-1969)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
We do not have any books for this individual listed. If you know of any, please submit feedback via the link at the
bottom of the page. Excluded are juvenile literature, most self-published works, songbooks, and dissertations. Included are biographies,
studies, bibliographies, criticism, and collections of letters.
- The Man Who Built the Bauhaus
Walter Gropius founded the German design school a century ago, but his work, now antique, still feels ahead of its time.
by Dan Chiasson. The New Yorker, 22-Apr-2019.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.296)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.291)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.275)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.24)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.633)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.434)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.430)
- Obituaries from the Times 1961-1970 (p.325)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.231)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.215)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.73)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications