|Pearl S. Buck|
Author (26-Jun-1892 6-Mar-1973)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Pearl S. Buck. The Exile: Portrait of an American Mother. New York: John Day. 1936. Biography of the Buck's mother.
Peter J. Conn. Pearl S. Buck: A Cultural Biography. Cambridge University Press. 1996. 468pp.
Paul A. Doyle. Pearl S. Buck. New York: Twayne Publishers. 1965. 175pp.
Xiongya Gao. Pearl S. Buck's Chinese Women Characters. Susquehanna University Press. 2000. 135pp.
Theodore F. Harris. Pearl S. Buck: A Biography. New York: John Day Company. 1969-71. (2 vols.)
Karen J. Leong. The China Mystique: Pearl S. Buck, Anna May Wong, Mayling Soong Chiang, and the Transformation of American Orientalism. University of California Press. 2005. 304pp.
Kang Liao. Pearl S. Buck: A Cultural Bridge Across the Pacific. Greenwood Publishing Group. 1997.
Elizabeth J. Lipscomb; Frances E. Webb; Peter Conn (editors). The Several Worlds of Pearl S. Buck: Essays Presented at a Centennial Symposium. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press. 1994. 114pp. Randolph-Macon Woman's College, March 26-28, 1992.
Elizabeth P. Myers. Pearl S. Buck: Literary Girl. Bobbs-Merrill.. 1974.
Warren Sherk. Pearl S. Buck: Good Earth Mother. Drift Creek Press. 1992. 232pp.
Nora Stirling. Pearl Buck: A Woman in Conflict. Piscataway, NJ: New Century. 1983. 357pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.104)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.224)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.148)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.37)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.194-98)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.215)
- Authors Today and Yesterday (pp.105-09)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.106)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.146)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.98)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.76)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.84)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.767)
- Almanac of American Women in the 20th Century (p.60)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.1, pp.375-77)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.154)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.95)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.140)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.36)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.3)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications