Painter (11-Jun-1776 31-Mar-1837)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Anthony Bailey. John Constable: A Kingdom of His Own. London: Chatto & Windus. 2006. 368pp.
Freda Constable. John Constable: A Biography, 1776-1837. T. Dalton. 1975. 152pp.
Joseph Darracott. England's Constable: The Life and Letters of John Constable. London: Folio Society. 1985. 143pp.
John Lloyd Fraser. John Constable, 1776-1837: The Man and His Mistress. London: Hutchinson. 1976. 253pp.
Sidney J. Key. John Constable: His Life and Work. Phoenix House. 1948.
C. R. Leslie. The Life and Times of John Constable. London: Chapman & Hall. 1896. 415pp.
E. V. Lucas. John Constable the Painter. London: Halton & Truscott Smith, Ltd.. 1924. 78pp. + 64 plates
Carlos Peacock. John Constable: The Man and His Work. London: John Baker. 1965. 148pp. + 55 plates
Graham Reynolds. Constable: The Natural Painter. London: Cory, Adams & Mackay. 1965. 238pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.339)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.224)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.121)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (pp.177-79)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.54)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.98)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.71)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications