Mathematician, Physicist (23-Jan-1862 14-Feb-1943)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Leo Corry. David Hilbert and the Axiomatization of Physics (1898-1918). Dordrecht, Netherlands: Kluwer Academic Publishers. 2004. 513pp.
Jeremy Gray. The Hilbert Challenge. Oxford University Press. 2000. 315pp.
Constance Reid. Hilbert. London: Allen & Unwin. 1970. 290pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.326)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.310)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.709)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.346)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.236)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.233)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.245)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications