|William A. Wellman|
Film Director (29-Feb-1896 9-Dec-1975)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Richard Schickel (editor). The Men Who Made the Movies: Interviews with Frank Capra, George Cukor, Howard Hawks, Alfred Hitchcock, Vincente Minnelli, King Vidor, Raoul Walsh, and William A. Wellman. New York: Atheneum. 1975. 308pp.
Frank T. Thompson. William A. Wellman. Metuchen, NJ: Scarecrow Press. 1983.
William Wellman, Jr.. The Man and His Wings: William A. Wellman and the Making of the First Best Picture. Westport, CT: Praeger. 2006. 184pp.
William A. Wellman. Go, Get 'Em! The True Adventures of an American Aviator of the Lafayette Flying Corps. Boston, MA: The Page Company. 1918. 284pp.
William A. Wellman. A Short Time for Insanity: An Autobiography. New York: Hawthorn Books. 1974. 276pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.1487)
- Cassell Companion to Cinema (p.590)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.571)
- The Encyclopedia of Hollywood (p.457)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.926)
- The Hollywood.com Guide to Film Directors (p.926)
- The St. James Encyclopedia of Film Directors (pp.554-56)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.746)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.340)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications