Singer/Songwriter (23-Apr-1936 6-Dec-1988)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Ellis Amburn. Dark Star: The Roy Orbison Story. Carol Publishing Group. 1990. 236pp.
Alan Clayson. Only the Lonely: Life and Artistic Legacy of Roy Orbison. Sidgwick & Jackson. 1989. 192pp.
Peter Lehman. Roy Orbison: The Invention of an Alternative Rock Masculinity. Temple University Press. 2003. 208pp.
- Official Website: http://www.orbison.com/
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1106)
- Encylopedia of Pop, Rock, and Soul (pp.499-501)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.547)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.378)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.3, p.571)
- The Encyclopedia of Country Music (p.395)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.328)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications