Poet (8-Sep-1474 6-Jul-1533)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Jo Ann Cavallo. The Romance Epics of Boiardo, Ariosto, and Tasso: From Public Duty to Private Pleasure. University of Toronto Press. 2004. 294pp.
Benedetto Croce. Translated by Douglas Ainslie (from Italian). Ariosto, Shakespeare and Corneille. London: Ruskin House. 1920. 440pp.
Edmund Garratt Gardner. The King of Court Poets: A Study of the Work, Life and Times of Lodovico Ariosto. London: Archibald Constable. 1906. 395pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.20)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.60)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.12)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.21)
- European Authors 1000-1900 (p.37)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.49)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of Foreign Literature (p.10)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.15)
- The Reader's Encyclopedia of World Drama (pp.27-28)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.15)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.10)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.33)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2021 Soylent Communications