Mathematician, Inventor (c. 290 BC 211 BC)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
E. J. Dijksterhuis. Archimedes. Copenhagen, Denmark: Munksgaard. 1956. 422pp.
Sherman Stein. Archimedes: What Did He Do Beside Cry Eureka?. Cambridge University Press. 1999. 166pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.19)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.58)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.21)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.46)
- Greek and Latin Authors 800BC-1000AD (pp.34-35)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.30)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.21)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography (p.18)
- A Biographical Dictionary of Scientists (p.16)
- Who's Who in the Greek World (p.28)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.15)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.10)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.151)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications