|Charles Evans Hughes|
Politician, Judge (11-Apr-1862 27-Aug-1948)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Dexter Perkins. Charles Evans Hughes and American Democratic Statesmanship. Boston: Little, Brown. 1956. 200pp.
Robert F. Wesser. Charles Evans Hughes: Politics and Reform in New York, 1905-1910. Cornell University Press. 1967. 366pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.573)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.328)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.743)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.518)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.353)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.316)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.165)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.254)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.176)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications