Author, Critic (27-Sep-1917 26-Jan-2010)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Jackson R. Bryer. Louis Auchincloss and His Critics: A Bibliographical Record. Boston: G. K. Hall. 1977. 261pp.
Christopher C. Dahl. Louis Auchincloss. New York: Ungar. 1986. 276pp.
Carol W. Gelderman. Louis Auchincloss: A Writer's Life. New York: Crown Publishing Group. 1992. 287pp.
David B. Parsell. Louis Auchincloss. Twayne. 1988. 121pp.
Vincent Piket. Louis Auchincloss: The Growth of a Novelist. Palgrave Macmillan. 1991. 258pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.22)
- Who's Who in America 2000 (p.168)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.67-69)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.43)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.21)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.21)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.63)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.92-94)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.26)
- The International Who's Who 2001 (p.74)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.13)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.1)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications