Author (died 66 AD)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Catherine Connors. Petronius the Poet: Verse and Literary Tradition in the Satyricon. Cambridge University Press. 1998. 166pp.
Gian Biagio Conte. The Hidden Author: An Interpretation of Petronius' Satyricon. University of California Press. 1996. 226pp.
Philip B. Corbett. Petronius. Twayne. 1970. 158pp.
Edward Courtney. A Companion to Petronius. Oxford University Press. 2001. 238pp.
Gottskálk Jensson. The Recollections of Encolpius: The Satyrica of Petronius as Milesian Fiction. Barkhuis Publishing. 2004. 327pp.
Costas Panayotakis. Theatrum Arbitri: Theatrical Elements in the "Satyrica" of Petronius. E. J. Brill. 1995. 225pp.
Victoria Rimell. Petronius and the Anatomy of Fiction. Cambridge University Press. 2002. 239pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1152)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.188)
- Greek and Latin Authors 800BC-1000AD (pp.316-19)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.796)
- Who's Who in the Roman World (p.227)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.41)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications