|John Couch Adams|
Astronomer (5-Jun-1819 21-Jan-1892)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
William Grylls Adams (editor). The Scientific Papers of John Couch Adams. Cambridge University Press. 1896-1900. 502pp. + 646pp. With a memoir by J. W. L. Glaisher.
Harold Spencer Jones. John Couch Adams and the Discovery of Neptune. Cambridge University Press. 1947. 42pp.
William M. Smart. John Couch Adams and the Discovery of Neptune. 1947. 56pp. Originally, No. 11 of Occasional Notes of the RAS.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.4)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.10)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.7)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.227a)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography (p.2)
- A Biographical Dictionary of Scientists (p.2)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.2)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.4)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications