Mathematician, Philosopher, Religion (c. 580 BC c. 500 BC)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Arnold Hermann. To Think Like God: Pythagoras and Parmenides, the Origins of Philosophy. Parmenides Publishing. 2004. 336pp.
J. A. Philip. Pythagoras and Early Pythagoreanism. Toronto: University of Toronto Press. 1968.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1202)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.845)
- The Catholic Encyclopedia (vol.12, pp.587-88)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.798)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.4)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.409)
- Who's Who in the Greek World (p.210)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.397)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.433)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.106)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications