Paleontologist, Geologist, Zoologist (28-May-1807 14-Dec-1873)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Elizabeth Cabot Cary Agassiz. Louis Agassiz: His Life and Correspondence. Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin. 1885.
Lane Cooper. Louis Agassiz as a Teacher: Illustrative Extracts on His Method of Instruction. New York: The Comstock Publishing Co.. 1917. A revised edition was published in 1945.
Alice Bache Gould. Louis Agassiz. Boston, MA: Small, Maynard & Co.. 1901. 154pp.
Charles Frederick Holder. Louis Agassiz: His Life and Work. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons. 1893. 327pp.
Edward Lurie. Louis Agassiz: A Life in Science. University of Chicago/Phoenix. 1960. 449pp.
Jules Marcou. Life, Letters, and Work of Louis Agassiz. New York: Macmillan & Co.. 1896. 302pp. + 318pp.
Catherine Owens Peare. A Scientist of Two Worlds: Louis Agassiz. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott. 1958. 188pp.
James David Teller. Louis Agassiz: Scientist and Teacher. Columbus, OH: Ohio State University Press. 1947. 145pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.6)
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.20)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.15)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.15)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.5)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (p.14)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.11)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.13)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.7)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.10)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.223)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography (p.5)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.4)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.10)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.10)
- A Biographical Dictionary of Scientists (p.4)
- Biographical Dictionary of Psychology (p.5)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.4)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.4)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.121)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications