Philosopher (c. 515 BC c. 450 BC)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Scott Austin. Parmenides: Being, Bounds, and Logic. Yale University Press. 1986. 203pp.
Scott Austin. Parmenides and the History of Dialectic: Three Essays. Parmenides Publishing. 2007. 100pp.
Patricia Curd. The Legacy of Parmenides: Eleatic Monism and Later Presocratic Thought. Princeton University Press. 1998. 280pp.
Richard G. Geldard. Parmenides and the Way of Truth: Translation and Commentary. Rhinebeck, NY: Monkfish. 2007. 131pp.
Martin Heidegger. Translated by Andre Schuwer; Richard Rojcewicz. Parmenides. Indiana University Press. 1998. 192pp.
Arnold Hermann. To Think Like God: Pythagoras and Parmenides, the Origins of Philosophy. Parmenides Publishing. 2004. 336pp.
John A. Palmer. Plato's Reception of Parmenides. Oxford University Press. 1999. 294pp.
Francis Jeffry Pelletier. Parmenides, Plato, and the Semantics of Not-being. University of Chicago Press. 1990. 166pp.
Raymond Adolph Prier. Archaic Logic: Symbol and Structure in Heraclitus, Parmenides and Empedocles. Mouton. 1976. 163pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1127)
- Greek and Latin Authors 800BC-1000AD (pp.307-09)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.777)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.386)
- Who's Who in the Greek World (p.170)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.397)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.105)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications