Anthropologist (5-Jun-1887 17-Sep-1948)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Lois W. Banner. Intertwined Lives: Margaret Mead, Ruth Benedict, and Their Circle. Alfred A. Knopf. 2003. 540pp.
Margaret M. Caffrey. Ruth Benedict: Stranger in This Land. University of Texas Press. 1989. 432pp.
Hilary Lapsley. Margaret Mead and Ruth Benedict: The Kinship of Women. University of Massachusetts Press. 1999. 416pp.
Margaret Mead. Ruth Benedict: A Humanist in Anthropology. Columbia University Press. 1974. 180pp.
Margaret Mead (editor). An Anthropologist at Work: The Writings of Ruth Benedict. Boston: Houghton Mifflin. 1959. 583pp. Biography, selected writings, by her friend and literary executor.
Judith Schachter Modell. Ruth Benedict: Patterns of a Life. University of Pennsylvania Press. 1984. 400pp.
Virginia Heyer Young. Ruth Benedict: Beyond Relativity, Beyond Pattern. University of Nebraska Press. 2005. 379pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.82)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.62)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.136)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.87)
- Who's Who in Lesbian & Gay Writing (p.17)
- Twentieth Century Authors, First Supplement (p.75)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.54)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.194)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.53)
- Biographical Dictionary of Psychology (p.33)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.80)
- Biographical Dictionary of the Left (vol.4, pp.241-45)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.61)
- Thinkers of the Twentieth Century (p.49)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.110)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications