|William O. Douglas|
Judge (16-Oct-1898 19-Jan-1980)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
William Domnarski. The Great Justices, 1941-54: Black, Douglas, Frankfurter & Jackson in Chambers. University of Michigan Press. 2006. 206pp.
Bruce Allen Murphy. Wild Bill: The Legend and Life of William O. Douglas. New York: Random House. 2003. 716pp.
James F. Simon. Independent Journey: The Life of William O. Douglas. New York: Harper & Row. 1980. 503pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.303)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.188)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.288)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.210)
- Twentieth Century Authors, First Supplement (p.285)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.288)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.146)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.198)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.196)
- Biographical Dictionary of the Left (vol.1, p.307)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.70)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.171)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications