Poet, Author (1891 27-Dec-1938)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Clarence Brown. Mandelstam. Cambridge University Press. 1973. 320pp.
Clare Cavanagh. Osip Mandelstam and the Modernist Creation of Tradition. Princeton University Press. 1995.
Michael Eskin. Ethics and Dialogue: In the Works of Levinas, Bakhtin, Mandel'shtam, and Celan. Oxford University Press. 2000. 294pp.
Emma Gerstein; John Crowfoot; E. Gershtein. Moscow Memoirs: Memories of Anna Akhmatova, Osip Mandelstam and Literary Russia Under Stalin. Bergenfield, NJ: Overlook Press. 2004. 482pp.
Elena Glazov-Corrigan. Mandel'shtam's Poetics: A Challenge to Postmodernism. University of Toronto Press. 2000. 194pp.
Jane Gary Harris. Osip Mandelstam. Twayne. 1988. 167pp.
Ryszard Przybylski. Translated by Madeline G. Levine. An Essay on the Poetry of Osip Mandelstam: God's Grateful Guest. Ardis. 1987. 226pp.
Leonid I. Strakhovsky. Craftsmen of the Word: Three Poets of Modern Russia: Gumilyov, Akhmatova, Mandelstam. Harvard University Press. 1949. 114pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.479)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.452)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.961)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.155)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.323)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.928-31)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.643)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.205)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.39)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications