|James A. Michener|
Novelist (3-Feb-1907 16-Oct-1997)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
A. Grove Day. James A. Michener. Twayne. 1964. 175pp.
John P. Hayes. James A. Michener: A Biography. Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill. 1984. 276pp.
Stephen May. Michener: A Writer's Journey. University of Oklahoma Press. 2005. 339pp.
James A. Michener. The World Is My Home: A Memoir. New York: Random House. 1992.
Herman Silverman. Michener and Me: A Memoir. Philadelphia Running Press. 1999.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.478)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.718)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.165)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.871-74)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.491)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.342)
- Twentieth Century Authors, First Supplement (p.665)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.681)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.3, p.351)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.10)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications