Jazz Musician (born 4-Jun-1945)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Stuart Broomer. Time and Anthony Braxton. Mercury Press. 2009. 240pp.
Alun Ford. Anthony Braxton: Creative Music Continuums. Stride Publications. 1997. 70pp.
Mike Heffley. The Music of Anthony Braxton. Routledge. 2001. 493pp.
Graham Lock. Blutopia: Visions of the Future and Revisions of the Past in the Work of Sun Ra, Duke Ellington, and Anthony Braxton. Duke University Press. 1999. 314pp.
Graham Lock. Forces in Motion: The Music and Thoughts of Anthony Braxton. Da Capo Press. 1988. 412pp.
Ronald Michael Radano. New Musical Figurations: Anthony Braxton's Cultural Critique. University of Chicago Press. 1993. 315pp.
Hans Wachtmeister. A Discography & Bibliography of Anthony Braxton. Blue Anchor. 1982. 98pp.
- Official Website: http://www.wesleyan.edu/music/braxton/
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Harvard Concise Dictionary of Music and Musicians (p.89)
- International Who's Who in Music: Popular Music (p.70)
- Britannica Almanac 2006 (p.58)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.127)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications