Actor (9-Nov-1922 8-Sep-1965)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Donald Bogle. Dorothy Dandridge: A Biography. New York, NY: Amistad Books/St. Martin's Press. 1997. 611pp.
Dorothy Dandridge; with Earl Conrad. Everything and Nothing: The Dorothy Dandridge Tragedy. Abelard-Schuman. 1970. 217pp.
Earl Mills. Dorothy Dandridge: A Portrait in Black. Los Angeles, CA: Holloway House. 1970. 248pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.338)
- Quinlan's Illustrated Registry of Film Stars (p.114)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.144)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (p.201)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.1, p.658)
- Obituaries from the Times 1961-1970 (p.185)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.147)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.61)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.284)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2016 Soylent Communications