Government, Activist (10-Apr-1882 14-May-1965)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Penny Colman. A Woman Unafraid: The Achievements of Frances Perkins. New York: Atheneum. 1993. 129pp.
Kirstin Downey. The Woman Behind the New Deal: The Life of Frances Perkins. New York: Talese/Doubleday. 2009. 480pp.
George Martin. Madam Secretary: Frances Perkins. Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin. 1976. 589pp.
Elisabeth P. Myers. Madam Secretary: Frances Perkins. New York: Julian Messner. 1972. 192pp.
Naomi Pasachoff. Frances Perkins: Champion of the New Deal. Oxford University Press. 1999. 160pp.
Bill Severn. Frances Perkins: A Member of the Cabinet. New York: Hawthorn Books. 1976. 256pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.871)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.554)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1145)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.815)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.567)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.369)
- Almanac of American Women in the 20th Century (p.63)
- Obituaries from the Times 1961-1970 (p.627)
- Biographical Directory of the United States Executive Branch, 1774-1971 (p.262)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.182)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications