Critic, Essayist (24-Mar-1906 19-Dec-1982)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Gregory D. Sumner. Dwight MacDonald and the Politics Circle: The Challenge of Cosmopolitan Democracy. Cornell University Press. 1996. 272pp.
Stephen J. Whitfield. A Critical American: The Politics of Dwight Macdonald. Archon Books. 1984. 179pp.
Michael Wreszin. A Rebel in Defense of Tradition: The Life and Politics of Dwight Macdonald. New York: Basic Books. 1994. 590pp.
Michael Wreszin (editor). A Moral Temper: The Letters of Dwight Macdonald. Ivan R. Dee. 2001. 481pp.
Michael Wreszin (editor). Interviews with Dwight Macdonald. University Press of Mississippi. 2003. 181pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.264)
- Current Biography, 1969 Yearbook (pp.277-80)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.457)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.902-04)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.297)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.627)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.201)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.463)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.440)
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.727)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications