Journalist, Radio Personality, Author (6-Apr-1892 29-Aug-1981)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Norman R. Bowen (editor). Lowell Thomas, the Stranger Everyone Knows: America's Most Illustrious Newsman as Colleagues and Others Have Seen Him Through the Last Five Decades. Doubleday. 1968. 187pp.
Lowell Thomas. Good Evening Everybody: From Cripple Creek to Samarkand. Morrow. 1976. 349pp.
Lowell Thomas. So Long Until Tomorrow: From Quaker Hill to Kathmandu. New York: William Morrow & Co.. 1977. 317pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.696)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.1398)
- Les Brown's Encyclopedia of Television (p.560)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.728)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.4, p.645)
- The New York Times Encyclopedia of Television (p.434)
- Who's Who in California 1976 (p.59)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.1031)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.59)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications