|Frederick G. Banting|
Scientist, Doctor (14-Nov-1891 21-Feb-1941)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Michael Bliss. The Discovery of Insulin. University of Chicago Press. 1982. 304pp.
Michael Bliss. Banting: A Biography. University of Toronto Press. 1992. 336pp.
William R. Callahan. The Banting Enigma: The Assassination of Sir Frederick Banting. Newfoundland, Canada: Flanker Press. 2005. 338pp.
Seale Harris. Banting's Miracle: The Story of the Discoverer of Insulin. Baltimonre, MD: Lippincott. 1946. 245pp.
Israel E. Levine. Discoverer of Insulin: Dr. Frederick G. Banting. New York, NY: Julian Messner. 1959.
Lloyd Stevenson. Sir Frederick Banting: The Biography of the Man who Gave Insulin to the World. London, UK: William Heinemann. 1947. 446pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.38)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.39)
- A Dictionary of 20th Century World Biography (Oxford) (p.37)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.151)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.32)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications