Author (26-Aug-1904 4-Jan-1986)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
John Atkins. Six Novelists Look at Society: An Enquiry into the Social Views of Elizabeth Bowen, L. P. Hartley, Rosamund Lehman, Christopher Isherwood, Nancy Mitford, C. P. Snow. London: John Calder. 1977. 284pp.
Brian Finney. Christopher Isherwood: A Critical Biography. Oxford University Press. 1979. 336pp.
Jonathan Fryer. Eye of the Camera: A Life of Christopher Isherwood. Allison & Busby. 1993. 230pp.
Robert W. Funk. Christopher Isherwood: A Reference Guide. Boston, MA: G. K. Hall & Co.. 1979. 196pp.
Christopher Isherwood. Lost Years: A Memoir, 1945-1951. Toronto, Ontario, Canada: HarperCollins Canada, Ltd.. 2000. 432pp.
David Garrett Izzo. Christopher Isherwood: His Era, His Gang, and the Legacy of the Truly Strong Man. University of South Carolina Press. 2001. 288pp.
Peter Parker. Isherwood: A Life Revealed. Westminster, MD: Random House Inc.. 2004.
Paul Piazza. Christopher Isherwood: Myth & Anti-Myth. New York: Columbia University. 1978. 245pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.356)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.339)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.763)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.117)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.125)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.662-67)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.707)
- Current Biography, 1972 Yearbook (pp.235-38)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.370)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.247)
- Who's Who in Lesbian & Gay Writing (p.103)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.511)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.253)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.272)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.21)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications