|John Hope Franklin|
Historian, Educator (2-Jan-1915 25-Mar-2009)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
John Hope Franklin. Mirror to America: The Autobiography of John Hope Franklin. New York: Farrar, Straus & Giroux. 2005. 401pp.
Beverly Jarrett (editor). Tributes to John Hope Franklin: Scholar, Mentor, Father, Friend. University of Missouri Press. 2004. 128pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.398)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.233)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.541)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.365)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.252)
- The International Who's Who 2001 (p.520)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.197)
- 100 Greatest African Americans: A Biographical Encyclopedia (pp.128-30)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications