Politician, Military (c. 495 BC c. 429 BC)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Evelyn Abbott. Pericles and the Golden Age of Athens. New York and London: G. P. Putnam's Sons. 1891. 379pp.
Andrew Robert Burn. Pericles and Athens. Macmillan. 1949. 253pp.
Donald Kagan. Pericles of Athens and the Birth of Democracy. Secker & Warburg. 1990. 302pp.
Cynthia Patterson. Pericles' Citizenship Law of 451-50 BC. Arno Press. 1981. 225pp.
Anthony J. Podlecki. Perikles and His Circle. Routledge. 1998. 248pp.
Loren J. Samons II (editor). The Cambridge Companion to the Age of Pericles. Cambridge University Press. 2007. 364pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1145)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.584)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.791)
- The MacMillan Dictionary of Military Biography (p.342)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.392)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.522)
- Who's Who in the Greek World (p.175)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications