Poet (30-Mar-1844 8-Jan-1896)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
John Lehmann. Three Literary Friendships: Byron and Shelley, Rimbaud and Verlaine, Robert Frost and Edward Thomas. New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winston. 1983. 165pp. Three essays.
Cecily Mackworth. English Interludes: Mallarmé, Verlaine, Paul Valéry, Valery Larbaud in England, 1860-1912. Routledge & Kegan Paul. 1974. 220pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1504)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.243)
- European Authors 1000-1900 (pp.957-59)
- Who's Who in Lesbian & Gay Writing (p.202)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1076)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of Foreign Literature (p.276)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.497)
- Encyclopedia of Concert Music (p.533)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.32)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.469)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications