Painter (13-Feb-1891 12-Feb-1942)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
James M. Dennis. Grant Wood: A Study in American Art and Culture. New York: Viking Press. 1975. 256pp.
John Duggleby. Artist in Overalls: The Life of Grant Wood. San Francisco: Chronicle Books. 1996. 57pp.
R. Tripp Evans. Grant Wood: A Life. New York: Alfred A. Knopf. 2010. 416pp.
Darrell Garwood. Artist in Iowa: A Life of Grant Wood. New York: W. W. Norton. 1944. 260pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.1244)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.763)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.1154)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1125)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.809)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.520)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.68)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications