|John C. Fremont|
Explorer, Politician (21-Jan-1813 13-Jul-1890)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Sally Denton. Passion and Principle: John and Jessie Frémont, The Couple Whose Power, Politics, and Love Shaped Nineteenth-Century America. New York: Bloomsbury. 2007. 460pp.
Allan Nevins. Frémont: The West's Greatest Adventurer. New York: Harper & Brothers. 1928. (2 vols.) 344pp. + 393pp.
David Roberts. A Newer World: Kit Carson, John C. Fremont, and the Claiming of the American West. New York: Simon and Schuster. 2000. 320pp.
Andrew Rolle. John Charles Fremont: Character as Destiny. University of Oklahoma Press. 1991. 351pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.547)
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.400)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.367)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.262)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.265)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (p.289)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.368)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.253)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.188)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.226)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.315)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.159)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications