Philosopher (c. 232 AD c. 305 AD)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Christos Evangeliou. Aristotle's Categories and Porphyry. E. J. Brill. 1988. 215pp.
George E. Karamanolis; Anne Sheppard (editors). Studies on Porphyry. Institute of Classical Studies, University of London. 2007. 183pp. Conference papers, Institute of Classical Studies, London, July 2004.
Andrew Smith. Porphyry's Place in the Neoplatonic Tradition: A Study in Post-Plotinian Neoplatonism. Kluwer Academic Publishers. 1974. 173pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1182)
- Greek and Latin Authors 800BC-1000AD (pp.356-57)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.821)
- Who's Who in the Greek World (p.200)
- Who's Who in the Roman World (p.251)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications