Football, Actor (born 17-Feb-1936)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Bob Carroll. When the Grass Was Real: Unitas, Brown, Lombardi, Sayers, Butkus, Namath, and All the Rest: the Ten Best Years of Pro Football. New York: Simon & Schuster. 1993. 302pp.
Michael Freeman. Jim Brown: The Fierce Life of an American Hero. HarperCollins. 2006. 289pp.
Stan Isaacs. Jim Brown: The Golden Year, 1964. Prentice-Hall. 1970. 150pp.
Larry Klein. Jim Brown: The Running Back. Putnam. 1965. 158pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.191)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.101)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.213)
- Quinlan's Illustrated Registry of Film Stars (p.68)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.68)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.66)
- The Encyclopedia of Hollywood (p.62)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.93)
- American Lives: Sports (vol.1, pp.117-20)
- ESPN Sports Almanac 2004 (p.515)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.1, p.369)
- Sports Illustrated 2005 Almanac (p.859)
- Biographical Dictionary of American Sports: Football (pp.67-69)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.34)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.259)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications