|Harriet Ann Jacobs|
Author (1813 7-Mar-1897)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Deborah M. Garfield; Rafia Zafar (editors). Harriet Jacobs and Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl: New Critical Essays. Cambridge, England: Cambridge University Press. 1995. 256pp.
Harriet Ann Jacobs. Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl. Written by Herself.. (self-published). 1861. Written under the pseudonym Linda Brent.
Yvonne Johnson. The Voices of African American Women: The Use of Narrative and Authorial Voice in the Works of Harriet Jacobs, Zora Neale Hurston, and Alice Walker. Peter Lang Publishing. 1999. 157pp.
Jean Fagan Yellin. Harriet Jacobs: A Life. New York: Basic Books. 2004. 394pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.217)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.517)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.368)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.566)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.428)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications