Author (Nov-1628 31-Aug-1688)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
John Brown. John Bunyan: His Life, Times and Work. London: William Isbister. 1885. 504pp.
David Gay; James G. Randall; Arlette Zinck (editors). Awakening Words: John Bunyan and the Language of Community. University of Delaware Press. 1999. 224pp.
Richard L. Greaves. Glimpses of Glory: John Bunyan and English Dissent. Stanford University Press. 2002. 720pp.
M. Esther Harding. Journey into Self: An Interpretation of Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress. New York: Longmans, Green & Co.. 1956. 310pp.
Christopher Hill. A Turbulent, Seditious, and Factious People: John Bunyan and His Church. Oxford University Press. 1988. 394pp.
John Lindsay. John Bunyan: Maker of Myths. London: Methuen. 1937. 271pp.
Robert Philip. The Life, Times, and Characteristics of John Bunyan, Author of The Pilgrim's Progress. London: George Virtue. 1839. 596pp.
Roger Sharrock. John Bunyan. London: Hutchinson's University Library. 1954. 167pp.
Henri Talon. Translated by Barbara Wall. John Bunyan: The Man and His Works. London: Rockliff. 1951. 340pp.
William York Tindall. John Bunyan: Mechanick Preacher. New York: Columbia University Press. 1934. 309pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.229)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.38)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.58)
- British Authors Before 1800 (pp.64-66)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.151)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.78)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.85)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.107)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.46)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.74)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.76)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.37)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.18)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications