Psychologist (28-Aug-1903 13-Mar-1990)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Paul Marcus. Autonomy in the Extreme Situation: Bruno Bettelheim, the Nazi Concentration Camps and the Mass Society. Westport, CT: Praeger. 1999. 232pp.
Richard Pollak. The Creation of Dr. B: A Biography of Bruno Bettelheim. New York: Simon & Schuster. 1997. 478pp.
Theron Raines. Rising to the Light: A Portrait of Bruno Bettelheim. New York: Alfred A. Knopf. 2002. 544pp.
Nina Sutton. Bettelheim: A Life and a Legacy. New York: BasicBooks. 1996. 606pp.
Nathan M. Szajnberg (editor). Educating the Emotions: Bruno Bettelheim and Psychoanalytic Development. Dordrecht, Netherlands: Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers. 1992. 248pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.46)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.45)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.97)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.102)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.62)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.71)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.56)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.24)
- Thinkers of the Twentieth Century (p.63)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.110)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications