Musician (7-Sep-1936 3-Feb-1959)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Ellis Amburn. Buddy Holly: A Biography. New York: St. Martin's Press. 1995. 422pp.
Gary W. Moore. Hey Buddy: In Pursuit of Buddy Holly, My New Buddy John, and My Lost Decade of Music. Casemate Publishers. 2011. 219pp.
Philip Norman. Rave On: The Biography of Buddy Holly. New York: Simon & Schuster. 1996. 332pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Harvard Concise Dictionary of Music and Musicians (p.304)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.725)
- Encylopedia of Pop, Rock, and Soul (pp.293-95)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.342)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.433)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.241)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.2, pp.429-31)
- The Encyclopedia of Country Music (p.243)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.324)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications