Novelist (5-Mar-1892 28-Jan-1969)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Winifred Farrant Bevilacqua. Josephine Herbst. Boston, MA: Twayne. 1985. 131pp.
Julia C. Ehrhardt. Writers of Conviction: The Personal Politics of Zona Gale, Dorothy Canfield Fisher, Rose Wilder Lane, and Josephine Herbst. University of Missouri Press. 2004. 209pp.
Elinor Langer. Josephine Herbst: The Story She Could Never Tell. Boston, MA: Little, Brown and Co.. 1984. 374pp.
Nora Ruth Roberts. Three Radical Women Writers: Class and Gender in Meridel Le Sueur, Tillie Olsen, and Josephine Herbst. New York, NY: Taylor & Francis. 1996. 209pp.
Barbara Wiedemann. Josephine Herbst's Short Fiction: A Window to Her Life and Times. Susquehanna University Press. 1998. 156pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.195)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.641)
- Authors Today and Yesterday (pp.308-10)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.330)
- Who's Who in Lesbian & Gay Writing (p.97)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.330)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.514)
- Biographical Dictionary of the Left (vol.4, p.399)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.387)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications