Poet, Translator (24-Jun-1916 30-Mar-1986)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Edward M. Cifelli. John Ciardi: A Biography. University of Arkansas Press. 1998.
Edward M. Cifelli (editor). The Selected Letters of John Ciardi. Fayetteville, AR: University of Arkansas Press. 1991. 475pp.
Vince Clemente (editor). John Ciardi: Measure of the Man. University of Arkansas Press. 1987. 246pp.
William White. John Ciardi: A Bibliography. Wayne State University Press. 1959. 65pp. With a note by John Ciardi. Print run of 550 copies.
Miller Williams. The Achievement of John Ciardi. Glenview, IL: Scott Foresman. 1969.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.133)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.141)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.201)
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.81)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.64)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.3)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications