Journalist, Activist (3-Oct-1802 4-Jul-1880)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Charles Robert Crowe. George Ripley: Transcendentalist and Utopian Socialist. Athens, GA: University of Georgia Press. 1967. 316pp.
Frothingham, Octavius Brooks Frothingham. George Ripley. New York: Houghton-Mifflin. 1882.
Henry L. Golemba. George Ripley. Boston, MA: Twayne Publishers. 1977. 172pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition (vol.23, p.363)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1244)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.876)
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers (p.344)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.642)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (p.655)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.305)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.874)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.613)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.867)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications