Author, Poet (30-Dec-1865 18-Jan-1936)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Sujit Bose. Attitudes to Imperialism: Kipling, Forster, and Paul Scott. Amar Prakashan. 1990. 126pp.
David Gilmour. The Long Recessional: The Imperial Life of Rudyard Kipling. London: John Murray. 2002. 351pp.
Rudyard Kipling. Something of Myself: For My Fiends Known and Unknown. Garden City, NY: Doubleday, Doran & Co.. 1932. 252pp.
Marghanita Laski. From Palm to Pine: Rudyard Kipling Abroad and at Home. New York: Facts on File. 1987. 192pp.
John McBratney. Imperial Subjects, Imperial Space: Rudyard Kipling's Fiction of the Native-Born. Ohio State University Press. 2002. 224pp.
Harry Ricketts. Rudyard Kipling: A Life. Carroll & Graf. 2000. 434pp.
Angus Wilson. The Strange Ride of Rudyard Kipling: His Life and Works. London: Secker & Warburg. 1977. 370pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.395)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.829)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.125)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.137)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.764)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.401)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.559)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.280)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.375)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.189)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (pp.294-96)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.22)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications