Novelist (14-Dec-1916 8-Aug-1965)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Ruth Franklin. Shirley Jackson: A Rather Haunted Life. New York: Liveright. 2016. 656pp.
- The Novelist Disguised As a Housewife
Shirley Jackson wrote 17 books while raising four children -- and she couldn't have had a successful career without them.
by Ruth Franklin. New York Magazine, 28-Sep-2016.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.367)
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.342)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.126)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.373)
- Twentieth Century Authors, First Supplement (p.483)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.516)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.2, p.520)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.565)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.427)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.8)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications