Inventor, Philanthropist (12-Jul-1854 14-Mar-1932)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Carl W. Ackerman. George Eastman. Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin Co.. 1930. 522pp.
Elizabeth Brayer. George Eastman: A Biography. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press. 1996. 637pp.
Brian Coe. George Eastman and the Early Photographers. Howe, England: Wayland Press. 1973. 98pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.420)
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.331)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.201)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.198)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.459)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.308)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.174)
- The Oxford Dictionary of Music (p.260)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.212)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.262)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.324)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography (p.198)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.161)
- Movers & Shakers: The 100 Most Influential Figures in Modern Business (pp.166-68)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.259)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.141)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.74)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.125)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.136)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications